Home and Contents Insurance
Your home is your most valuable asset. We may have helped you save for it, helped you with additional finance, and helped structure your accounts for repayments. We’ve been with you on this journey, and now we want to protect your investment as much as you do.
Central West Credit Union can arrange your home, contents or home and contents insurance through CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.
Home Insurance covers your buildings or contents up to the sum insured, as listed on your schedule. Your sums insured will be increased by the amount the Consumer Price Index (CPI) has increased since you took out your policy, when your claim is paid. We recommend you regularly reassess your building sum insured so that you are covered for changes in value to your property after extensions or additions.
You can also protect your home contents against damage or loss.
Organising your Home and/or Contents Insurance through Central West Credit Union provides features and benefits for our members which may not be found in other policies:
Get a quote
- Pay-by-the-month premiums at no extra charge
- Premiums deducted from your account so you won't forget to pay
- Automatic renewal for direct debit takes the worry out of insurance protection
- Temporary accommodation - the policy covers up to 12 months temporary accommodation if your home is damaged to such an extent that you cannot live in it
- New for Old - when you insure your contents, you can obtain new for old replacement on all items, regardless of age (conditions apply)
- A CGU Privilege Card to give you access to Australia's longest running lifestyle benefits program
Motor Vehicle Insurance
Because we live in your community, we know how important your vehicle is to your financial (and social) success.
Motor vehicle insurance provides cover for your car, motorcycle, trailer and horse float, anywhere in Australia.
In addition to the many other covers provided by the policy, your vehicle is covered for accidental damage when you have chosen to comprehensively insure your asset.
Central West Credit Union arranges car insurance through CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.
We can offer the following levels of cover:
- Comprehensive cover for cars, motorcycles, trailers or horse floats
- Third party property damage for cars or motorcycles
- Third party fire and theft
We also offer the following types of policies:
- Motor vehicle insurance policy for your car, motorcycle, trailer or horse float
- Nominated driver motor vehicle insurance policy (cars only) - we calculate your premium on the basis that your car will be driven by only two nominated drivers 25 years of age or over
- Nominated driver low kilometre motor vehicle insurance policy (cars only) - we calculate your premium on the basis that your car will not be driven more than 10,000 kms within the insured period, and that no more than two nominated drivers over the age of 25 years will drive the car
Our motor vehicle insurance features:
Get a quote
- Pay-by-the-month options at no extra charge, helping you manage your budget more effectively
- The ability to choose your excess and save
- Discounts on your premium for each year you don’t make an at-fault claim while you are insured with us (this discount will reduce each year until you reach your maximum no-claim bonus
- Protected no-claim bonus after 2 consecutive years claim free with CGU. You must have held your maximum noclaim bonus for those 2 years
- Payment for the hire of a rental vehicle for up to 14 days if your car is stolen and not recovered
- Your choice of repairer
When you’ve worked hard to invest in a property, you want peace of mind in managing its tenancy.
This policy, offered by our insurance partners CGU, is designed to make the sometimes complex process of insuring an investment property simple.
With cover for flats, units, apartments and houses which are leased or rented to tenants, you can rest easy knowing your investment is protected.
Landlord's Insurance can cover you for:
- Malicious damage or vandalism caused by tenants to your building and contents
- Replacement benefit
- Optional liability cover up to $20 million
- Optional loss of rent cover
- Optional rent default and theft by tenant
And with the option to add liability cover for $5 to $20 million, you can tailor the cover to meet your needs.
Get a quote
Planning a holiday? Have you arranged your cover?
Travel insurance protects you against the costs you may incur while travelling arising from things like sickness, accident, travel delay, and lost luggage. Let us help you take the worry out of travel, with travel insurance arranged through CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.
No matter where you are in the world, or what time of day, you’ll be able to access an international 24 hour emergency hotline service, so you have access to help when you really need it.
Get a quote
We advise that in proceeding to obtain a quote and/or purchase a CGU Insurance product, that you are leaving the Credit Unions website and dealing directly with CGU Insurance. Should you subsequently purchase a CGU product, the Credit Union may receive a commission for the referral of your business.
These insurance products are provided by CGU Insurance Limited ABN 27 004 478 371, Australian Financial Services Licence AFSL no. 238291. In arranging this insurance, Central West Credit Union ABN 67 087 649 885 acts under its own AFSL no. 245415 as an agent for the insurer of the particular insurance product, not as your agent.
Home and Contents Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Landlords Residential Insurance and Travel Insurance are issued by CGU Insurance Limited. You can get a Product Disclosure Statement and Policy (PDS) for the products from any office of Central West Credit Union or CGU Insurance. You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to buy or hold the product.
The advice on this webpage is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs ("your personal circumstances"). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase any of these insurance products, you should consider the appropriateness of it having regard to your personal circumstances.