For Peace of Mind Everyday

Central West Credit Union can assist you with your insurance by referring you to CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.


Central West Credit Union ABN 67 087 649 885 has an agreement with Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as CGU Insurance ("CGU") for the referral of insurance products. Central West Credit Union is entitled to receive from CGU a commission being a percentage that ranges from 0% to 20% of premium paid for insurance products issued to you or your business pursuant to this agreement. Please contact CGU on 132294 for further information. Insurance products are issued by CGU. A product disclosure statement (PDS), Target Market Determination (TMD), and/or any further policy wording for the insurance products is available from You should consider the product disclosure statement and/or any further policy wording before making a decision in regard to your insurance needs. 


Home and Contents Insurance

Your home is your most valuable asset. We may have helped you save for it, helped you with additional finance, and helped structure your accounts for repayments. We’ve been with you on this journey, and now we want to protect your investment as much as you do.

Central West Credit Union can assist you by referring your home, contents or home and contents insurance to CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.



Home Insurance covers your buildings or contents up to the sum insured, as listed on your schedule. Your sums insured will be increased by the amount the Consumer Price Index (CPI) has increased since you took out your policy, when your claim is paid. We recommend you regularly reassess your building sum insured so that you are covered for changes in value to your property after extensions or additions.



You can also protect your home contents against damage or loss.

Organising your Home and/or Contents Insurance through CGU may provide features and benefits  which may not be found in other policies:

  • Pay-by-the-month premiums at no extra charge
  • Premiums deducted from your account so you won't forget to pay
  • Automatic renewal for direct debit takes the worry out of insurance protection
  • Temporary accommodation - the policy covers up to 12 months temporary accommodation if your home is damaged to such an extent that you cannot live in it
  • New for Old - when you insure your contents, you can obtain new for old replacement on all items, regardless of age (conditions apply)

Get a quote


Motor Vehicle Insurance

Because we live in your community, we know how important your vehicle is to your financial (and social) success.

Motor vehicle insurance provides cover for your car, motorcycle, trailer and horse float, anywhere in Australia.

In addition to the many other covers provided by the policy, your vehicle is covered for accidental damage when you have chosen to comprehensively insure your asset.

Central West Credit Union refers car insurance to CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.


CGU can offer the following levels of cover:

  • Comprehensive cover for cars, motorcycles, trailers or horse floats
  • Third party property damage for cars or motorcycles
  • Third party fire and theft

CGU also offer the following types of policies:

  • Motor vehicle insurance policy for your car, motorcycle, trailer or horse float
  • Nominated driver motor vehicle insurance policy (cars only) - CGU calculate your premium on the basis that your car will be driven by only two nominated drivers 25 years of age or over
  • Nominated driver low kilometre motor vehicle insurance policy (cars only) - CGU calculate your premium on the basis that your car will not be driven more than 10,000 kms within the insured period, and that no more than two nominated drivers over the age of 25 years will drive the car

CGU motor vehicle insurance features:

  • Pay-by-the-month options at no extra charge, helping you manage your budget more effectively
  • The ability to choose your excess and save
  • Discounts on your premium for each year you don’t make an at-fault claim while you are insured with CGU (this discount will reduce each year  until you reach your maximum no-claim bonus
  • Protected no-claim bonus after 2 consecutive years claim free with CGU. You must have held your maximum noclaim bonus for those 2 years
  • Payment for the hire of a rental vehicle for up to 14 days if your car is stolen and not recovered
  • Your choice of repairer

Get a quote

Landlord Insurance

When you’ve worked hard to invest in a property, you want peace of mind in managing its tenancy.

This policy, offered by our insurance partners CGU, is designed to make the sometimes complex process of insuring an investment property simple.

With cover for flats, units, apartments and houses which are leased or rented to tenants, you can rest easy knowing your investment is protected.


Landlord's Insurance can cover you for:

  • Malicious damage or vandalism caused by tenants to your building and contents
  • Replacement benefit
  • Optional liability cover up to $20 million
  • Optional loss of rent cover
  • Optional rent default and theft by tenant

And with the option to add liability cover for $5 to $20 million, you can tailor the cover to meet your needs.


Get a quote

Travel Insurance

Planning a holiday? Have you arranged your cover?

Travel insurance protects you against the costs you may incur while travelling arising from things like sickness, accident, travel delay, and lost luggage. Let us help you take the worry out of travel, with travel insurance arranged through CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.

No matter where you are in the world, or what time of day, you’ll be able to access an international 24 hour emergency hotline service, so you have access to help when you really need it.


Get a quote