We're there when you need us
If you get sick or injured
We'll provide cover for the ambulance, hospital and surgery while travelling overseas.
If your stuff is lost or stolen
We'll cover the costs for luggage, cameras, clothes and more.
If there's an emergency
We're here on the phone 24/7 and ready to help.
Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the full list of product features.
If you need unexpected medical or emergency dental treatment while overseas, we'll cover you.
If you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances, we'll refund your prepaid flights and accommodation.
Rental vehicle cover
If you have an accident in your rental car, we'll cover the vehicle's insurance excess (only available on some plans).
If you lose your passport, have an accident or the weather goes bananas, we'll cover accommodation and travel expenses.
Cover for every type of traveller
Whether it's your first trip ever or just your first trip this year, we've got you sorted.
Backpackers and first-timers
Your big global adventure awaits and no one knows what's ahead. So get covered, just in case.
Enjoy your family holiday with peace of mind knowing that you and your loved ones are all insured.
If you're a seasoned traveller, you'll know that things can and do go wrong. You know what to do.
Your travel cover, your way: make it your own
There are four levels of cover to suit your needs and budget:
- Platinum: top-level cover with unlimited unexpect overseas hospital and medical costs, unlimited emergency expenses in certain circumstances and many other great benefits
- Premium: mid-level cover, including unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs and many other benefits
- Essentials: affordable basic cover that includes unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs
- Annual Multi-Trip: Platinum level cover for multiple international trips within 12 months
When you're travelling around Australia, you'll enjoy your trip more knowing you have cover for:
- cancelled or rescheduled plans if due to unforeseen circumstances
- damaged or lost luggage and travel documents
- certain emergency expenses
- accidental death and disability in certain circumstances
Hitting the slopes? Get peace of mind with optional extra cover for snow holidays including:
- costs for hiring your skis or board if yours is damaged in transit
- medical cover if you have a skiing accident
- emergency dental cover
- replacement of your snow equipment if yours is lost, damaged or stolen
If you're heading on a cruise, we have optional cruise cover available for your grand voyage. You'll get:
- cover for every country you visit - when you list each on your policy
- medical and emergency dental cover if you have an accident
- costs for returning home if it's deemed medically necessary
- cover for cancelled or rescheduled extra activities and day trips
- replacement of certain items that are lost, stolen or damaged
Optional extra cover for valuables
If you're taking important possessions with you, we'll cover the replacement of items such as:
- ski and snowboarding gear
- golf clubs
PDS for full terms and conditions.
Conditions apply to all cover types. Please see the
Got questions about travel insurance? We've got answers.
- Are my flights covered with travel insurance?
If you need to cancel your flights due to unforeseen circumstances, we'll reimburse you the purchase cost. If you used frequent flyer points, we'll pay you the value of those points. If your flights are delayed or interrupted for over 6 hours outside of your control, we'll cover additional accommodation, meals and expenses incurred while you wait.
- Are existing medical conditions covered?
We cover 44 pre-existing medical conditions, as listed in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), at no additional cost. To find out if your condition is covered, we'll ask you questions when you get a quote. If your condition is not on the list, you may need to complete a medical assessment.
Call us for assistance on 13 24 81
- Can I get cover for my expensive stuff?
The maximum amount we will pay for luggage depends on the level of cover purchased. You can choose to increase this level by specifying individual items on your policy (at an additional premium cost).
- Do you cover pregnancy?
Yes, provided you are less than 24 weeks pregnant, it is a single pregnancy, there are no unexpected complications and your pregnancy was not medically assisted.
If your pregnancy was medically assisted or there are complications, you will need to complete a medical assessment to determine if cover is available.
If you are more than 24 weeks pregnant, you won't be covered for any medical treatments required due to your pregnancy. Please check with your doctor before arranging travel plans.
- Can I get travel cover if I'm on a temporary visa?
If you are a temporary resident of Australia with an Australian Visa, you can still get travel insurance. (We do not cover temporary residents on tourist or working holiday visas.) Please see the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for eligibility and further information.
Get travel inspiration, tips and advice for visiting the hottest travel destinations on the planet.
Snowboarding, paragliding or white-water rafting? Find out what activities are covered under travel insurance.
Check out the benefits of travel insurance and learn what you'd be covered for if the unexpected happens.
Get your travel cover today
Answer a few simple questions to get a quote in just two minutes.
We advise that in proceeding to obtain a quote and/or purchase a CGU Insurance product, that you are leaving the Credit Unions website and dealing directly with CGU Insurance. Should you subsequently purchase a CGU product, the Credit Union may receive a commission for the referral of your business.
These insurance products are provided by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. In arranging this insurance, Central West Credit Union ABN 67 087 649 885 acts under its own AFSL no. 245415 as an agent for the insurer of the particular insurance product, not as your agent.
Travel Insurance is issued by CGU Insurance. You can get a Product Disclosure Statement and Policy (PDS) for the products from any office of Central West Credit Union or CGU Insurance. You should consider the PDS when deciding whether to buy or hold the product.
The advice on this webpage is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs ("your personal circumstances"). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase any of these insurance products, you should consider the appropriateness of it having regard to your personal circumstances.