Going overseas?

We love seeing our members save big - but we also love seeing that money go to a well earned holiday overseas.

Travel can be stressful. We can look after your foreign exchange and travel insurance needs at home, so you can relax when you’re away.

Foreign Exchange

We can provide all your financial needs when travelling or when you need to send money overseas. At our branches you can access:

  • Visa Cash Passport Cards (PIN protected and able to withdraw cash in local currency at ATMS around the world)

  • Drafts

  • Cash in various currencies (provided through Travelex)

These services are made available via Western Union - the leader in foreign exchange.

Travel Insurance

Planning a holiday? Have you arranged your cover?

Travel insurance protects you against the costs you may incur while travelling arising from things like sickness, accident, travel delay, and lost luggage. Let us help you take the worry out of travel, with travel insurance arranged through CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers.

No matter where you are in the world, or what time of day, you’ll be able to access an international 24 hour emergency hotline service, so you have access to help when you really need it.

Get a quote today

to view how you can receive a range of cover to meet your circumstances, tailored to your budget.

Get a quote


Importance notice

We advise that in proceeding to obtain a quote and/or purchase a CGU Insurance product, that you are leaving the Credit Unions website and dealing directly with CGU Insurance. Should you subsequently purchase a CGU product, the Credit Union may receive a commission for the referral of your business.

These insurance products are provided by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. In arranging this insurance, Central West Credit Union ABN 67 087 649 885 acts under its own AFSL no. 245415 as an agent for the insurer of the particular insurance product, not as your agent.

Travel Insurance is issued by CGU Insurance  (http://www.cgu.com.au/insurance/Personal/products/Travel-Insurance). You can get a Product Disclosure Statement and Policy (PDS) for the products from any office of Central West Credit Union or CGU Insurance. You should consider the PDS when deciding whether to buy or hold the product.

The advice on this webpage is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs ("your personal circumstances"). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase any of these insurance products, you should consider the appropriateness of it having regard to your personal circumstances.