We carry our information with us everywhere - here are some tips to keep safe
Have you ever been at the checkout, ready to pay, and realised you needed to transfer money into your account?
Our phones no longer solely act as a means to telephone or message somebody. We can transfer money from one account to another, instantly, wherever we are.
We can also use them to pay for things, thanks to applications like Apple Pay or Google Pay - which both are very convenient.
But it also means we need to take some extra steps to keep our information safe - because it’s not just on our computer. We are carrying our information with us everywhere.
Smartphones and Tablets
Today smartphones and tablets are used to connect, shop, work, bank, research, track our fitness and complete hundreds of other tasks any time, and from any location.
The best tip we can give you - treat your phone like your wallet. Keep it safe and with you at all times.
Here are some other tips to ensure your devices are secure:
- Always set your smartphone to auto-lock after inactivity, and use PIN, password or fingerprint protection.
- Don’t use internet banking via unsecured and public WI-FI networks.
- Don’t use the same PIN that you use for your card to access internet banking.
- Don’t share your internet banking PIN.
- Ensure SMS codes are kept secret and secure.
- Ensure your operating systems and apps are up-to-date.
- If you do lose your phone, or it is stolen, block your sim card immediately and contact CWCU. We can assist you in making sure your accounts are secure.
Our Mobile App
The CWCU mobile app allows you to manage security settings on the go.
So if disaster strikes, you can quickly and efficiently change your setting, to prevent a breach.
With the CWCU app you can:
- Change the PIN on your card/s (you will need to know your existing PIN).
- Temporarily block and unblock a card if you misplace it.
- Report a card lost or stolen card.
- Advise us when you are travelling overseas so we can monitor your account for suspicious transactions.
What to do if you have any concerns
If you are worried about the security of your transactions, or you notice any suspicious activity on your account, contact us
on 1300 36 76 56 - or head into your nearest branch to talk to one of our friendly staff members.