Notice of Annual General Meeting
Advance Notice is given that the 51st Annual General Meeting of Central West Credit Union Ltd (ABN 67 087 649 885) will be held at the office of Central West Credit Union, 269 Clarinda Street Parkes NSW, on Tuesday 14th November 2017 at 6.30pm.
ELECTION OF DIRECTORS
How can I become a Member of Central West Credit Union Ltd Board?
Nominations for election to the Credit Union’s Board of Directors open on Monday 17th July 2017 and close at 5.00 pm on Monday 7th August 2017.
There are two (2) positions to be filled at the 2017 election. Current Directors Robert Staples and Amity Howe terms expire at the conclusion of the 2017 Annual General Meeting and both Directors have notified of their intention to stand for re-election.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a Director or are considering nominating, please call the Credit Union’s Secretary, Brett Hartin on (02) 6862 2788.
What is the Role of a Credit Union Director?
The Board of Directors is responsible for the Credit Union’s overall management and well- being.
The role of a Credit Union Director is to represent members and serve their interests by ensuring proper control and management is exercised over the affairs of the Credit Union.
What are the duties of a Director?
In acting for members, Directors bear the responsibility for the operations of the Credit Union. Some of their primary duties include:
Download the full notice.
- Determining the specific policies and objectives of the Credit Union, and setting the budgets and goals to achieve them in a prudent manner.
- Monitoring performance to ensure the continuity of the Credit Union.
- Ensuring that the Board satisfactorily performs its function as trustee of member’s
- Ensuring that the Credit Union conforms to legislative requirements (including
- Corporations Act) and acts in accordance with its Constitution.
- Contribute relevant and specific experience, qualifications, training and skills as part of
- the Board to enhance the overall governance of the Credit Union.
- A commitment to continuing professional and personal development activities.